Due to higher receipts than normal, the IRS is experiencing a delay in processing payments. If the information you entered does not match the IRS systems information, your payment may need additional processing and handling before crediting your account.
If you received a notice from the IRS that they have not received your payment after making a successful payment through www.payUSAtax.com, please follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
1. Retrieve your EFT reference number from below. Please note that the EFT reference number may not be visible for up to 7 business days after the payment date.
2. Call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 for individual income tax payments or 1-800-829-4933 for business tax payments.
3. Inform the IRS agent that you made a payment through PayUSATax, and your payment was not applied. Provide the EFT reference number you retrieved for the IRS to locate your payment.
4. The IRS will be able to identify the payment from the EFT reference number and provide the current status of your payment.
5. Taxpayer can view their payment history through their IRS Online Account. This includes pending payments that are being processed.
Payment Verification allows you to verify prior payments processed through payUSAtax or 844-PAY-TAX-8. Our system will show you the payment date, confirmation number, tax type, amount paid, and the convenience fee for all payments made through our system for the prior 12 months. You do not have to be a registered user. Once you verify your prior payments, you will have the option to make additional payments through an expedited process.